Maribyrnong City Council Logo
Skip Links
Building Site


Council is responsible for ensuring building and development in the municipality complies with industry standards and state building regulations. A range of building permits may be required depending on the type of work. Building permits can be issued by any council or a private building surveyor registered with the Victorian Building Authority.

A planning permit may also be needed before obtaining a building permit. Planning permits can only be issued by Council. We recommend you contact both the Planning and Building departments before lodging any permit applications.

For more information contact:
Building Services on 9688 0200
Urban Planning on 9688 0200

Powered by